December 14, 2022
This Data Retention Policy is intended to help you understand what kinds of data Mapped
stores, and how long your data is retained. We have implemented the following data retention policy to ensure we only retain data for as long as necessary.
- Graph data is data that represents the relationships between different entities within a building.
- This data will be retained by Mapped as long as the customer is active.
- An active customer is defined as a customer who is currently using Mapped’s services and has not cancelled their subscription.
- If a customer cancels their subscription or their account is otherwise terminated, their graph data will be deleted from Mapped’s systems.
Time Series Data
- Time series data is data collected over time, such as sensor data.
- This data will be retained by Mapped for up to 12 months from the date of collection, depending on the subscription plan.
- After this period, the data will be securely deleted from Mapped’s systems unless a customer requests otherwise.
- Customers who wish to retain their time series data for longer periods can contact Mapped’s support team through email@example.com to make arrangements.
- When data is deleted from Mapped’s systems, it will be permanently and irrevocably removed from both production systems and backups.
- This means that it will not be possible to recover deleted data, even if a customer requests it at a later date.
- Mapped will take all reasonable steps to ensure that deleted data is securely and permanently removed from our systems.
Data Access & Use
- Mapped will only access and use customer data as necessary to provide our services.
- This may include using data to improve our services, to troubleshoot issues, or to comply with legal requirements.
- We will not share customer data with any third parties without the customer’s explicit consent, except in cases where we are required to do so by law.
Changes to Policy
- Mapped reserves the right to change this data retention policy at any time.
- If we make any changes to this policy, we will notify our customers via email or through our website.
- Customers are encouraged to regularly review this policy to stay informed about how we are handling their data.
Please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this policy.